Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 14

  Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This week was so fun! We were able to share the news with my grandma and some friends I had grown up with. We were up in Anaheim for a funeral, which was a beautiful service remembering a Godly man. The occasion brought together so many old friends from the church I grew up in. It was so nice to see everyone and catch up, and to be there for my friend who had lost her dad. He was such a great example, and I can only hope to raise our children to love our Father the way he did.

After the funeral, we stopped by my grandma's house and gave her the same card we had given our parents. I am grateful to have one last grandparent that will get to meet our baby. Her mom (my great-grandma) was alive well into my 20's and it was so special to always have 4 generations alive at the same time, which I'm happy will continue for this little one.

This weekend Ryan and I also experimented with observing the Sabbath from sundow on Saturday to sundown on Sunday. (This was an assignment Ry had to do for one of his seminary classes). We stayed off our computers and kept the TV and radio off. It was such a refreshing time together and with the Lord. It allowed us to to just talk, enjoy each other's company, read and do a devotional. I think it would be a great habit to do more often in our house.

This week the baby is 4" from crown to rump, about the size of an apple and weighs around 2 ounces. It is incredible to think the baby is already that big! I'm excited for my belly to grow, but I'm also trying to enjoy every moment, especially now when I'm not that big and uncomfortable yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment